All-round adhesive tape for interior and exterior use
- Sticks reliably - even if moisture is present: water-resistant SOLID adhesive
- Particularly durable: adhesion for 100 years, independently tested and confirmed
- Subsequent work can be carried out more flexibly: 6 months of outdoor exposure
- Subsequent work can be started quickly: fleece backing can be plastered over directly
- Easy to work with: very malleable fleece backing that can be torn off by hand
- Test winner in April 2012 with the German product-testing foundation ‘Stiftung Warentest’
- Construction in adherence with standards: for airtight bonding in accordance with DIN 4108-7, SIA 180 and RE 2020
- Excellent values in hazardous substance testing, has been tested according to the ISO 16000 evaluation scheme
Areas of application
Inside: Airtight bonding of vapour check and airtightness membrane as well as airtight wood-based panels.
Exterior: Windproofing and rainproofing of underlay and wall lining membranes (e.g. pro clima SOLITEX) and underlay panels.
Airtight bonding of on-roof and refurbishment vapour checks and airtight membranes.
All bonding, indoor and outdoor, can be between the same material as well as with adjacent structural components with a smooth, non-mineral surface (e.g. pipe penetrations, roof windows).
Split of the release film for
width 100 mm: 50 / 50 mm
width 150 mm: 75 / 75 mm
The bonds should not be subjected to tensile strain.
Once membranes have been stuck, the weight of the insulation material must be supported by laths. Adhesion should be supported by additional laths, if necessary.
Press firmly to secure the adhesive tapes in place. Ensure that there is sufficient resistance pressure. Windproof, airtight or rainproof bonding can only be achieved on vapour checks, roof underlays or wall lining membranes that have been laid without folds or creases. Ventilate continuously and systematically to prevent build-up of excessive humidity; use a dryer if necessary.
When plastering, please observe the recommendations of the plaster manufacturer for non-absorbent subsurfaces. A bonding course may be necessary.
Clean subsurfaces before sticking.
Adhesion to frozen surfaces is not possible. There must be no water-repellent substances (e.g. grease or silicone) on materials to be bonded. Subsurfaces must be sufficiently dry and stable.
Permanent adhesion is achieved on all pro clima interior and exterior membranes, other vapour-check and airtight membranes (e.g. those made of PE, PA, PP and aluminium) as well as other roof and wall lining membranes (e.g. those made of PP and PET).
Bonding and joints are possible on planed and painted wood, hard plastics and metal (e.g. pipes, windows etc.), hard wood-based panels (chipboard, OSB, plywood, MDF and wood fibre underlay panels).
Pretreatment with TESCON PRIMER is required in the case of adhesion to wood-fibre underlay panels and smooth mineral subsurfaces. Concrete or plaster subsurfaces must not be sandy or crumbling.
The best results in terms of structural stability are achieved on high-quality subsurfaces.
It is your responsibility to check the suitability of the subsurface; adhesion tests are recommended in certain cases.
Pretreatment with TESCON PRIMER is recommended in the case of subsurfaces with insufficient stability.