Waterproof sealing adhesive tape for interior and exterior use
- Excellent protection for building components thanks to strong sealing effect
- Reliable application: extremely high adhesion even to slightly damp and cold subsurfaces
- Easy to work with: very elastic - can adapt flexibly to subsurfaces and corners
- Proven resistance to driving rain up to 2400 Pa
- Independently confirmed suitability: tests in accordance with MO-01/1 passed at IFT in Rosenheim (DE)
- Subsequent work can be started quickly: sticks to stable mineral subsurfaces without primers
- Excellent values in hazardous substance testing, has been tested according to the ISO 16000 evaluation scheme
Areas of application
For creating sub-sill flashing, for window joints with masonry or concrete structures, for joining wood-based panels to smooth mineral surfaces, for sticking underlay panels made of wood fibre to one another (e.g. in roof valleys and transitions) and for bonding these to adjoining building components.
Installation steps: Lower window sill
Installation steps: externally mounted windows
Clean subsurfaces before sticking.
Adhesion to frozen surfaces is not possible. There must be no water-repellent substances (e.g. grease or silicone) on materials to be bonded. Subsurfaces must be sufficiently dry and stable.
Bonding and joints are possible on planed and painted wood, hard plastics and metal (e.g. pipes, windows etc.), hard wood-based panels (chipboard, OSB, plywood, MDF and wood fibre underlay panels) and mineral subsurfaces such as concrete, non-plastered masonry or plaster.
Pretreatment with TESCON PRIMER is required in the case of adhesion to wood-fibre underlay panels. Concrete or plaster subsurfaces must not be sandy or crumbling.
Pretreatment with TESCON PRIMER is recommended in the case of subsurfaces with insufficient stability.
The best results in terms of structural stability are achieved on high-quality subsurfaces.
It is your responsibility to check the suitability of the subsurface; adhesion tests are recommended in certain cases.
The bonds should not be subjected to tensile strain.
Press firmly to secure the adhesive tape. Ensure there is sufficient back pressure.
Windproof, airtight or rainproof seals can only be achieved on vapour-checking membranes, roof lining membranes or façade membranes that have been laid without folds or creases.
The tape is self-bonding under the effect of heat.