Black all-round adhesive tape for interior and exterior use
- Sticks reliably – even if moisture is present: water-resistant SOLID adhesive
- Becomes practically invisible: discreet black backing fleece not visible behind open-jointed cladding
- Sticks in a permanent, reliable manner: UV-stable behind open-jointed cladding
- Subsequent work can be carried out more flexibly: 6 months of outdoor exposure
- Easy to work with: very malleable fleece backing that can be torn by hand
- Subsequent work can be started quickly: fleece backing can be plastered over directly
- Construction in adherence with standards: for airtight bonding in accordance with DIN 4108-7, SIA 180 and RE 2020
- Excellent values in hazardous substance testing, has been tested according to the ISO 16000 evaluation scheme
Areas of application
Exterior use: Creation of windproof seals for breather membranes (weather-resistive barriers, WRBs) from the pro clima SOLITEX FRONTA series and for roofing underlays. Windproof bonding of wood-based panels as underlays. Airtight taping of on-roof and refurbishment vapour-check and airtight membranes.
Interior use: Airtight taping of vapour-check and airtight membranes and of airtight wood-based panels.
All taped joints, indoor and outdoor, can be implemented between similar components or else with adjacent structural elements with a smooth, non-mineral surface (e.g. pipe penetrations, roof windows).
Split of the release film
|Tape width||Split (approx.)|
|100 mm (4")||50 | 50 mm (2" | 2")|
|150 mm (6")||75 | 75 mm (3" | 3")|
Taped joints must not be subjected to tensile forces. Once membranes have been taped, the weight of the insulation material must be supported by laths. Adhesion should be supported by additional laths, if necessary. Press firmly to secure the adhesive tapes in place. Ensure that there is sufficient resistance pressure.
Windproof, airtight or rainproof bonding can only be achieved on vapour-check or underlay/facade membranes that have been installed without folds or creases. Ventilate continuously and systematically to prevent build-up of excessive humidity; use a dryer if necessary. When plastering, please observe the recommendations of the plaster manufacturer for non-absorbent subsurfaces. A bonding course may be necessary.
Clean subsurfaces before applying tape. Adhesion is not possible on frozen surfaces. There must be no water-repellent substances (e.g. grease or silicone) on surfaces to be bonded. Subsurfaces must be sufficiently dry and stable.
Permanent adhesion is achieved on all pro clima interior and exterior membranes, on other vapour-check and airtight membranes (e.g. those made of PE, PA, PP and aluminium) and on other underlay and breather membranes (weather-resistive barriers, WRBs) (e.g. those made of PP and PET). Bonding and joints are possible with planed and painted wood, hard plastics and metal (e.g. pipes, windows etc.) and hard wood-based panels (chipboard, OSB, plywood, MDF and wood-fibre underlay panels). Pre-treatment with TESCON PRIMER is required in the case of adhesion to wood-fibre underlay panels or on smooth, mineral subsurfaces. Concrete or plaster subsurfaces must not be sandy or crumbling.
The best results in terms of reliability are achieved on high-quality subsurfaces. It is your responsibility to check the suitability of the subsurface; adhesion tests are recommended in certain cases. Pre-treatment with TESCON PRIMER is recommended in the case of subsurfaces that have insufficient stability.