Intelligent, full-surface adhesive plaster and window sealing tape for interior and exterior use
- Reliable installation: the same tape for interior and exterior use thanks to its intelligent functional membrane
- Saves time: the joint is immediately windproof and resistant to driving rain, and it can be subjected to loading
- Reliable joints: water-resistant SOLID adhesive has extremely strong adhesion on mineral subsurfaces too
- Extra thin: for easy folding in corner areas
- Construction in adherence with standards: for airtight bonding in accordance with DIN 4108-7, SIA 180 and RE 2020
- Fleece side can be plastered over: defined transition between window joints and plaster
- Excellent values in hazardous substance testing, has been tested according to the ISO 16000 evaluation scheme
Areas of application
For interior use for vapour-checking and airtight joints between membranes or wood-based panels and windows, doors or mineral surfaces. For exterior use for correspondingly windtight joints that are resistant to driving rain.
Split of the release film
|Tape width||Split (approx.)|
|80 mm (3 1/8")||20 | 60 mm (3/4" | 2 3/8")|
|100 mm (4")||20 | 40 | 40 mm (3/4" | 1 5/8" | 1 5/8")|
|150 mm (6")||20 | 70 | 60 mm (3/4" | 2 3/4" | 2 3/8")|
|200 mm (~8")||20 | 100 | 80 mm (3/4" | 4" | 3 1/8")|
The bonds should not be subjected to tensile strain.
Press firmly to secure the adhesive tapes in place. Ensure that there is sufficient resistance pressure. Windproof, airtight or rainproof bonding can only be achieved if this sealing tape is installed without folds, creases or joints. Ventilate continuously and systematically to prevent build-up of excessive humidity; use a dryer if necessary.
When plastering, please observe the recommendations of the plaster manufacturer for non-absorbent subsurfaces. A bonding course may be necessary.
Clean subsurfaces before sticking. Uneven mineral subsurfaces may need to be levelled with a smooth finish. Adhesion to frozen surfaces is not possible. There must be no water-repellent substances (e.g. grease or silicone) on materials to be bonded. The width of the adhesive tape that is to be plastered over should generally not exceed 60 mm (2 3/8") or 50% of the soffit area. Detailed recommendations can be obtained from the relevant plaster producer. Subsurfaces must be sufficiently dry and stable.
Permanent adhesion is achieved on all pro clima interior and exterior membranes, other vapour-check and airtight membranes (e.g. those made of PE, PA, PP and aluminium) as well as other roof and wall lining membranes (e.g. those made of PP and PET). Adhesion can be carried out on planed and painted wood, hard plastics, hard wood-based panels (chipboard, OSB and plywood panels), metal (e.g. pipes, windows etc.) and on mineral subsurfaces such as concrete and masonry.
The best results in terms of structural stability are achieved on high-quality subsurfaces. It is your responsibility to check the suitability of the subsurface; adhesion tests are recommended in certain cases. Pre-treatment with TESCON PRIMER is recommended in the case of subsurfaces with insufficient stability.