Wall lining membrane
- Very robust: strong, 3-ply structure
- Dry building components: pore-free TEEE functional membrane actively transports moisture to the outside
- Easy to work with: high nail pull-out resistance
- For use behind closed facades
- 3 months of outdoor exposure
Areas of application
For making walls externally windproof. Installation on boarding, wood-based panels and all insulation mats and boards.
Planning and construction guidelines
Area of application
Its robust construction makes SOLITEX FRONTA WA an ideal wall lining membrane.
- It can be laid as an exterior sealing membrane directly on the posts of the framework or insulation and as a wall lining membrane on boarding made from solid wood or wood-based panels.
- It prevents cold, outside air flowing through rear-ventilated constructions near the surface and ensures the optimum effectiveness of the thermal insulation.
As a result of its excellent resistance to driving rain and its extremely high tear resistance, SOLITEX FRONTA WA meets high requirements on the protection of the construction during the building phase and is weather resistant for up to 3 months before the final cladding is installed.
The membrane can be used behind closed façades with at least 20 mm (.8") rear ventilation.
No rear ventilation of the insulating layer is necessary
The high diffusion capacity of pro clima SOLITEX FRONTA WA means that it is not necessary to rear-ventilate thermal insulation.
Pro clima SOLITEX membranes can in all cases be laid directly on the thermal insulation, which means that the thermal insulation can fill the entire depth of the structure.
Maximum diffusion permeability
Moisture can dry out of the structure to the outside more easily and more quickly.
This is advantageous both during the construction phase (when construction timber may be moist) and during normal use (when moisture from indoor air penetrates into the structure by diffusion or convection).
As a rule, moisture due to construction work should be able to escape the building quickly by ventilation through open windows.
Dryers can help to speed up the drying process in wintertime.
This helps to avoid permanently high levels of relative humidity.
No tent effect
The pore-free SOLITEX FRONTA WA membrane offers a particularly high tightness to driving rain.
The membrane can be laid to cover the entire surface of insulation materials or linings.
As a result of the functional film being monolithic and having a multi-layer construction, a tent effect is reliably prevented.
The term ‘tent effect’ refers to the phenomenon that watertight tent sheets cause the entry of large amounts of moisture into building components at their points of contact.
If you have questions on applications, please contact the technical-support.