Reinforced roof underlay, with self-adhesive zones
- Extremely robust thanks to reinforcement: suitable for blown-in insulation materials
- Flexible planning of construction schedules thanks to 4 months of outdoor exposure
- Ensures reliable building components: highly diffusion-open and maximum protection against driving rain and hail
- Dry building components: pore-free TEEE functional membrane actively transports moisture to the outside
- Permanent protection thanks to the high resistance to ageing and heat of the TEEE membrane
- Reliable during the construction phase: suitable as a temporary covering during the construction period
- Quick and reliable adhesion thanks to the integrated ‘connect’ self-adhesive zones on the long edges of the membrane
Areas of application
For use as permeable roof underlay on roof decking, MDF and wood fibre underlay panels, and on all thermal insulation materials, including blown-in insulation materials.
A perfect membrane for every requirement
High performance for all requirements
The 3-ply and 4-ply underlay membranes in the SOLITEX MENTO family offer perfectly coordinated solutions in terms of reliability and cost-effectiveness for a range of applications.
All MENTO membranes feature monolithic, pore-free functional membranes using the latest TEEE technology.
The functional film lies safely protected between two robust, particularly tear-resistant protective and covering fleeces made of polypropylene – this is ideal for the high loads that occur when walking on or installing the membranes and when fitting the roof covering.
The covering fleece is designed to be water-repellent and provides ideal protection against penetrating moisture.
It protects the special film underneath it against damage and UV radiation.
The honeycomb structure guarantees good non-slip behaviour even in wet conditions.
The membranes are glare-free as a result of the dark grey colour of the upper covering fleece.
Watertightness of 2 500 to 10 000 mm of water column is achieved, i.e. SOLITEX MENTO membranes are watertight even in heavy driving rain and can be exposed to outdoor weathering for up to six months (SOLITEX MENTO 5000).
Best protection for roofs
SOLITEX MENTO membranes have a pore-free, closed-cell TEEE membrane that offers particularly good protection against driving rain.
In contrast with conventional roof lining membranes where diffusion results from air exchange through a microporous membrane, diffusion occurs actively along the molecule chains in the case of a SOLITEX membrane.
At the same time, SOLITEX MENTO membranes have very low diffusion resistance with an sd value of 0.05 m, an g value of 0.25 MNs/g.
Thanks to active moisture transport, the TEEE membrane has an extremely fast drying capacity that protects the membrane against ice formation in winter.
This is of great benefit for the stability of the overall structure, as permeable roof underlays turn into vapour barriers when ice forms (ice is impermeable) and act as moisture traps.
Other features of TEEE membranes include reliable protection in the presence of wood preservatives (drops of water cannot penetrate the membrane even if there is reduced surface tension, as there are no pores present) and the particularly high thermostability (melting point of TEEE approx. 200 °C (392 °F), PP approx. 140 °C (284 °F)).
This stability at high temperatures gives the plastic material extremely high ageing stability over a period of decades – even on dark-coloured roofs.