Hydrosafe® high-performance vapour retarder for exterior roof insulation, with self-adhesive zones
- Best possible protection against damage to structures thanks to the humidity-variable diffusion resistance
- Protects buildings against the elements during the construction phase from a roof pitch of 2.1:12" (10°)
- Protected winter building sites thanks to hydrosafe® behaviour
- Water-resistant and waterproof, can be walked on
- Excellent values in the hazardous substance test, has been tested according to the ISO 16000 evaluation scheme
- Quick and reliable adhesion thanks to the integrated ‘connect’ self-adhesive zones along the membrane strips
Areas of Application
For use as a vapour retarder and airtight membrane that can be subjected to outdoor exposure on roof decking underneath over-rafter insulation in combination with all fibrous insulation materials on structures that are open or closed to diffusion on the exterior, e.g. flat/steep roofs and green roofs, after appropriate design calculations.
Maximum protection against damage to structures and mould right from the beginning
For protected building components
Protects the structure against weathering during the construction phase. Also serves as a humidity-variable vapour retarder and airtight layer for protecting the following thermal insulation structure.
- More impermeable to diffusion in winter ≥ high level of moisture protection,
- More permeable to diffusion in summer ≥ extremely good drying out
= Maximal protection against damage to structures.
Can also be used in combination with structures that are closed to diffusion.
In winter, INTESANA reduces or stops the penetration of moisture into roofs and walls with its sd value of over 25 m [g value 125 MN·s/g; 0.1 US perms] (weekly moisture transport of less than 7 g/m²).
In summer, the vapour retarder allows water vapour to escape.
The sd value of 0.25 m [g value 1.25; 13 US perms] corresponds to moisture transport of over 500 g/m² per week - which represents an exceptionally high potential for drying out!
Low moisture transport in winter - high degree of drying in summer: moisture can dry out of the insulation over and over again, meaning that mould has no chance to form!
This intelligent diffusion adaptation behaviour is designed to be particularly powerful and adheres to pro clima's reliability philosophy: to achieve the best possible protection against damage to structures, the drying reserve must be greater than the largest theoretically possible moisture loading!